Students from across Oregon will take part in Junior Achievement’s (JA) Lunch with Leaders, a new virtual career speaker series featuring local business and community leaders.
This weekly event will feature Garden Bar founder Ana Chaud (May 6), Dutch Bros. Coffee CEO and Co-founder Travis Boersma (May 13), Adidas Executive and Sr. Apparel Designer Cedric Hudson (May 20), Portland Thorns FC Forward Tyler Lussi (May 27) and economist and startup advisor Stephen Green (June 3).
In this online JA event, students bring questions and hear the exciting and engaging stories of local entrepreneurs and community leaders. Young people will learn about how to overcome obstacles and the importance of perseverance. The discussion, moderated by local high school student leaders, will engage young people in thinking about their future career interests and leadership paths.
- May 6 with Ana Chaud, Founder of Garden Bar
- May 13 with Travis Boersma, CEO, and Co-founder of Dutch Bros. Coffee
- May 20 with Cedric Hudson, Sr. Apparel Designer at Adidas
- May 27 with Tyler Lussi, Portland Thorns FC Forward
- June 3 with Stephen Green, Entrepreneur and Economist
- Welcome at 12:00 pm
- Moderated Interview at 12:05pm-12:30pm
- Question and Answers at 12:30-12:40 pm
- Closing remarks, Raffle and Wrap-Up at 12:40pm-12:45pm
- Where: Zoom Meeting Calls
- Logistics: Sign up on our website to receive an email with the Zoom link, contact Junior Achievement for event access and media requests, or tune in to Junior Achievement (@JAORSWWA) on Facebook Live at the scheduled times.
About Junior Achievement of Oregon & SW Washington
Junior Achievement inspires and prepares young people to succeed in a global economy through hands-on programs that promote work readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy. Established locally in 1950, Junior Achievement of Oregon and SW Washington (JA) is an affiliate of Junior Achievement USA, which has worked for over a century to provide economic and financial education for K-12 students. This year, with the help of more than 2,300 volunteers, JA will serve over 27,000 students in Oregon and SW Washington.
Back To the Oregon Beach Magazine Homepage!